Training Description: This session will cover the basics of working in the world of alcohol prevention to create healthier environments. The presenters will discuss the science that guides alcohol prevention efforts and identify resources available to those working on alcohol-related issues in their community. In addition, the presenters will discuss the importance of developing strong partnerships with local law enforcement agencies to ensure adequate enforcement of alcohol laws to reduce alcohol-related incidents within the community.
- Review the primary evidenced-based alcohol environmental strategies.
- Review the primary evidenced-based alcohol enforcement strategies.
- Discuss the need to utilize data to identify the appropriate strategy for your community.
- Discuss how active enforcement is necessary to effectuate change.
- Provide tips on how to engage law enforcement in the enforcement of alcohol laws.
- Identify resources that communities can access to assist in their prevention efforts.
Presenters: Nancy McGee, Christ Bartolotta and Diane Riibe
Audience: This training was designed for all audiences implementing alcohol prevention strategies.
Skill Level: The event is intended to serve the needs of all skill levels.
An application for General Skill Building continuing education credit has been submitted to the NCSAPPB.
Funding in whole or in part for this event was provided by the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services with funding from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services