Materials for this Training Can be Found at the Bottom of the Article
This one-hour webinar is designed to build interest in the certification process for Substance Use and Misuse Prevention Professionals in North Carolina. This webinar will provide a brief history of the certification process from IC&RC and why we believe it is important to take that next step to being certified in Prevention while working in North Carolina. We will also look at all the steps necessary to achieve this goal and how to keep your certification once you achieve it.
At the end of the Webinar participants will:
- Understand where the Prevention certification comes from.
- Identify the benefits of becoming certified as a Prevention Specialist in North Carolina
- Understand the format of the Prevention Certification test
- Know all the necessary steps that must take place before one can register to take the Certification test
- Be aware of what needs to be done to remain certified after the test is complete
Funding in whole or in part for this event was provided by the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services with funding from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.