Substance Use and Misuse Prevention Skills Training
Training Dates: May 14-15, 2019
Training Location: Governor's Institute, 1121 Situs Ct, Raleigh, NC 27606
Materials for this Training Can be Found at the Bottom of the Article
SUMPST (Substance Use and Misuse Prevention Skills Training) prepares direct service providers to implement evidence-based Substance Abuse Prevention Programs and learn about the Prevention System in North Carolina. SUMPST provides a basic understanding of the components and best practices related to effective prevention practice.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As part of this training, a required online training module is required for all participants to complete. Access to the online training module will be made by early April 2019 and must be completed by April 26, 2019 as a condition of participation. Detailed information will be provided to all participants upon registration for the SUMPST Program. Individuals should expect to spend an average of five hours on the online training content.
At the end of this course, direct service providers will be able to:
- Describe the goals and mission of the North Carolina Training and Technical Assistance Center
- Understand the Institute of Medicine Continuum of Care Model
- Describe the structure of the North Carolina Prevention System
- Discuss the Six CSAP Strategies in regards to effective prevention programming
- Understand North Carolina Prevention Programming Guidance and Targets
- Demonstrate an understanding of the differences between Indicated, Universal and Selective Populations
- Process the importance of the Master Grid and ECCO Reporting System
- Describe the Strategic Prevention Framework
Funding in whole or in part for this event was provided by the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services with funding from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.