Youth Prevention Education (YPE)
North Carolina Foundations of Youth Prevention Education prepares direct service providers to implement evidence-based and/or standards-based Youth Prevention Education (YPE) programs. North Carolina Foundations of Youth Prevention Education provides a basic understanding of the components and best practices related to implementing any YPE program. This training will increase participants’ knowledge and skills related to planning, managing, facilitating, evaluating, and monitoring a Youth Prevention Education program.
- At the end of this course, direct service providers will be able to: explain the role of prevention professionals when facilitating school or community-based programs
- Describe strategies for administering a collaborative YPE Program
- Identify specific strategies to develop strong agreements with schools for implementation of a multi-year program
- Describe strategies for working with youth using the principles of adolescent development
- Describe ways to create effective classroom environments
- Recognize facilitation techniques to engage students and manage participation
- Recognize the components of implementation criteria
- Relate how to implement a YPE program with fidelity and identify appropriate adaptations
- Identify components of process and outcome evaluation to assess program effectiveness, and
- Understand how to remain in compliance, manage, and report on YPE programming.
Funding in whole or in part for this event was provided by the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services with funding from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.