(Scroll down to view training materials and included videos, file attachments may be downloaded above.)
The Implementing Environmental Strategies and Effective Project Management Training prepares Block Grant Providers, Leaders and Managers to implement Evidence-Based Environmental Strategies using Effective Project Management Strategies and Methods. This training will increase participants’ knowledge and skills related to planning, managing, facilitating, evaluating of Environmental Strategies and other Projects.
By the end of the training experience participants:
- Identified best practices related to environmental strategy implementation
- Compare historical patterns of what works in strategy implementation and lessons learned
- Learn about tools that support the implementation of evidenced based practices
- Understand the basic principles of project management
- Learn about the tools of project management
- Become familiar with the role of the project manager
- Analyze your very own project management style
The training was held in the Winston Salem, NC at the North Carolina Training and Technical Assistance Center.
This training was designed for new Prevention Staff and Leaders who are new at leading Environmental Strategies or other Projects in all types of settings.
The event was intended to serve the professional needs of entry level and moderately experienced professionals or anyone interested in improving their ability to better manage projects.
Jamie Edwards, Director - NCTTA
Jane Clark, Principal Consultant - ClarKinetics Consulting, LLC
Videos Reviewed During the Training
Watch TED talk re: “Upstreamers” http://www.ted.com/talks/rishi_manchanda_what_makes_us_get_sick_look_upstream?language=en