Collaborate with community partners and/or youth organizations to increase awareness and publicize youth access to tobacco laws, penalties and compliance inspection results and recruit/publicize merchants who pledge not to sell tobacco products to youth.
Best Practice Steps
1. Prevention providers will collaborate with community partners to include news stories, letters to the editor etc. to increase awareness of youth access to tobacco products and penalties and to publicize compliance inspection results.
1. Prevention providers will collaborate with community/youth organizations to conduct a Merchant Pledge campaign and publicize results to recognize merchants and clerks who have pledged not to sell tobacco products to minors.
Reach: Count the media reach
Suggested collection of process evaluation information, including:
• Number of news stories, letters to the editor etc. created/sent
• Number of community/youth organizations collaborated with on Merchant Pledge campaign
• Number of merchants/clerks who pledge not to sell tobacco products to minors