Collaborate with community partners and/or youth organizations to increase awareness and publicize youth access to tobacco laws, penalties and compliance inspection results and recruit/publicize merchants who pledge not to sell tobacco products to youth (MUST BE DONE IN CONJUNCTION WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT AND/OR MERCHANT EDUCATION RELATED ACTIVITIES)
Best Practice Steps:
- Prevention providers will collaborate with community partners to include news stories, letters to the editor etc. to increase awareness of youth access to tobacco products and penalties and to publicize compliance inspection results.
- Prevention providers will collaborate with community/youth organizations to conduct a Merchant Pledge campaign and publicize results to recognize merchants and clerks who have pledged not to sell tobacco products to minors.
Reach: Count the people involved in developing the media materials. Do not count youth given that they are counted under law enforcement and/or merchant education activities. Reach is counted per fiscal year.
ECCO Process Data to Collect:
- Type of communication, Media Source, Media Reach and Media Type
- Compliance Inspection Results
- Number of organizations collaborated with on Merchant Pledge campaign
- Number of merchants who pledge not to sell tobacco products to minors
- Where stores were recognized (through Media sections)
ECCO Documentation to Upload:
- Media examples