SUMPST (Substance Use and Misuse Prevention Skills Training) prepares direct service providers to implement evidence-based Substance Abuse Prevention Programs and learn about the Prevention System in North Carolina. SUMPST provides a basic understanding of the components and best practices related to effective prevention practice.
At the end of this course, direct service providers will be able to:
- Describe the goals and mission of the North Carolina Training and Technical Assistance Center
- Understand the Institute of Medicine Continuum of Care Model
- Describe the structure of the North Carolina Prevention System
- Discuss the Six CSAP Strategies in regards to effective prevention programming
- Understand North Carolina Prevention Programming Guidance and Targets
- Demonstrate a understanding of the differences between Indicated, Universal and Selective Populations
- Process the importance of the Master Grid and ECCO Reporting System
- Describe the Strategic Prevention Framework
Please sign in to leave a comment.